Re: [opensuse-support] New firewall in Leap 15 blocks NFS server
Hi bob,

Am 28.06.2018 um 13:09 schrieb Bob Williams:> How do I open the correct ports
in the new firewall program to allow NFS clients in my LAN to connect to my NFS
server?

Bob

at 12.06. i have had same probem here, take a look inside the archiv,
or search for:

[opensuse-support] firewalld nfs libreoffice

with short words:

firewalld is not able to find the randomly set ports which susefirewall has
found.

for that you have to statically asign them and there's
a package called:

firewalld-rpcbind-helper

read the readme, start it, it will change the nfs settings and make
all ports for nfs static, and then it will generate a new firewalld-rule
for nfs-static.

these are the steps:

check with yast runlevel editor
that:
nfs3
mountd
rpc-bind
(and if you need this quotad thing is running)

yast2 firewalld-rpcbind-helper
/etc/sysconfig/nfs
if not inside this file: write this to the end: RQUOTAD_PORT=""
(if you may later one need or like to start)

firewall-rpc-helper.py --help
shows excelent help and step by step examples:

firewall-rpc-helper.py -s mountd nlockmgr
firewall-rpc-helper.py -r -p nfs-server

firewall-rpc-helper.py --static-config -p nfs-server --non-interactive
--port-config "mountd=20100 status=20200 nlockmgr=20300 rquotad=20400"
(or the ports you have seen in the the two lines before)

show what happend:
firewall-rpc-helper.py -l -p nfs-server

generate rules:
firewall-rpc-helper.py -p nfs-server --create-firewalld-service
nfs-server-static

start sytsem new
yast firewall:
delete entry nfs
delete etry nfs3
use entry nfs-server-static (runtime and static)

simoN

--
www.becherer.de