Re: [opensuse-support] Leap 15 performance issue
* Axel Braun <DocB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-23-18 12:52]:
Am Samstag, 23. Juni 2018, 18:11:00 CEST schrieb Patrick Shanahan:
Hm, I though I have phrased that above, sorry itf that did not come
through properly. So yes, it looks it is video/plasmashell. Even the
text while typing is partly stalled for some seconds, until it arrives

and what does top show. what is consuming your cpu?

As written before, plasmashell, kwin_X11 and X

Additionally I have posted the output of iotop, maybe that helps as well:
http://paste.opensuse.org/48571917

Each Thread shows 0 Disk write, but the summary line on top says 2.55 M/s.
Thats strange, IMHO.

Additionally, how to interpret IO? Does it mean that the CPU is 99.99% of the
time dedicated to that process busy waiting, not computing?

man iotop
or

man iotop

Usage: /usr/sbin/iotop [OPTIONS]

DISK READ and DISK WRITE are the block I/O bandwidth used during the sampling
period. SWAPIN and IO are the percentages of time the thread spent respectively
while swapping in and waiting on I/O more generally. PRIO is the I/O priority
at
which the thread is running (set using the ionice command).

Controls: left and right arrows to change the sorting column, r to invert the
sorting order, o to toggle the --only option, p to toggle the --processes
option, a to toggle the --accumulated option, i to change I/O priority, q to
quit, any other key to force a refresh.

--version show program's version number and exit
-h, --help show this help message and exit
-o, --only only show processes or threads actually doing I/O
-b, --batch non-interactive mode
-n NUM, --iter=NUM number of iterations before ending [infinite]
-d SEC, --delay=SEC delay between iterations [1 second]
-p PID, --pid=PID processes/threads to monitor [all]
-u USER, --user=USER users to monitor [all]
-P, --processes only show processes, not all threads
-a, --accumulated show accumulated I/O instead of bandwidth
-k, --kilobytes use kilobytes instead of a human friendly unit
-t, --time add a timestamp on each line (implies --batch)
-q, --quiet suppress some lines of header (implies --batch)