Re: [opensuse-support] Leap 15 performance issue
  • From: Axel Braun <DocB@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 18:51:30 +0200
Am Samstag, 23. Juni 2018, 18:11:00 CEST schrieb Patrick Shanahan:
Hm, I though I have phrased that above, sorry itf that did not come
through properly. So yes, it looks it is video/plasmashell. Even the
text while typing is partly stalled for some seconds, until it arrives

and what does top show. what is consuming your cpu?

As written before, plasmashell, kwin_X11 and X

Additionally I have posted the output of iotop, maybe that helps as well:
http://paste.opensuse.org/48571917

Each Thread shows 0 Disk write, but the summary line on top says 2.55 M/s.
Thats strange, IMHO.

Additionally, how to interpret IO? Does it mean that the CPU is 99.99% of the
time dedicated to that process busy waiting, not computing?

Cheers
Axel