[opensuse-support] Leap 15 performance issue
  • From: Axel Braun <docb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:51:16 +0200
Hi again,

I still face an issue on the Desktop I have converted from Leap 42.3 to 15.
Desktop (KDE) is partly unresponsive for 2 Minutes, full load on both CPU
cores, most likely due to disk-activities (baloo....). Not even CRTL-ESC is
working during this time.

Is there any tweak to make it more responsive?
- Different kind of Kernel or Kernel scheduler? Currently running the default
kernel.
- any idea to reduce the priority of baloo in order to reduce the disk
activities?

Dual Core Intel G4400@3.3 GHz, 8G RAM, MSI H110M PRO-D Motherboard
Any additional information needed?

Thanks