Re: [opensuse-support] TW Grub EFI menu & memtest86+
21.06.2018 07:23, Neil Rickert пишет:

NOTES: Since I am using "shim", those "insmod" probably don't do
anything because most modules are preloaded. If not using shim, you
might need other "insmod". However, I would guess that whatever grub
module is required to read the EFI partition is going to be preloaded
anyway.

Not always. When secure boot is enabled in openSUSE bootloader settings,
the boot sequence is shim -> pre-built grub image. This pre-built image
does include both GPT and FAT support. If secure boot is deactivated in
openSUSE, it is normal grub2 purpose-built image which includes only
drivers to access /boot/grub2. On EFI it likely means GPT support, but
not FAT.

Secure boot disabled in firmware and enabled in openSUSE is valid
combination and simply means pre-built image will be used.