Re: [opensuse-support] TW Grub EFI menu & memtest86+
On 06/20/2018 03:25 AM, Felix Miata wrote:

I guess that explains why not memtest86+, but not why not memtest86 7.4, which
according to https://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm can be loaded by lilo or
grub. If that site has an example menuentry for Grub2, I'm missing it. I tried
creating one using the efiboot.img from a burned 7.4 iso, but get error
message:

That looks unlikely. The file "efiboot.img" appears to be an image file
for a FAT file system.

I suggest you instead try using: efi/boot/bootx64.efi

(relative to the CD). The "file" command says that it is a DOS
bootable, but the naming and content of that directory suggests that it
is an efi binary that you can probably chainload.

Note: I just loop mounted the iso, and looked in directory "efi".

When I later looked at that file "efiboot.img", I tried loop-mounting
that, and it had similar content to the efi/boot directory