Re: [opensuse-support] snapper question
  • From: Andrew Colvin <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 11:03:45 +0100
On Tuesday, 19 June 2018 06:28:29 BST Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
On a newly installed Tumbleweed I choose BtRFS and XFS as my file-system.
As I found with former installations this would automatically make a hidden
directory /.snapshots and starts the usage of snapper.
My latest installation did not finish a snapper setup and I am stuck with a
instruction of reading the man snapper. Read it and I am not much wiser.
The yast snapper is not able to help me out either.
What is the instruction in order to have a functioning snapper?

can you run
btrfs subvolume list /
btrfs subvolume get-default /
to see if the structure has been set up. If it has then it shouldnt be hard
to set up a snapper profile. If you do not have the structure it is still
doable but requires lots of subvolume manipulation