Re: [opensuse-support] KMail fails to start on Leap 15

Am 18. Juni 2018 23:07:01 MESZ schrieb "Knurpht@openSUSE"
<knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Op maandag 18 juni 2018 21:45:07 CEST schreef Axel Braun:
Hello all,

ever since I moved one machine from Leap 42.3 to 15, I encounter
issues with
high disk load and akonadi-traffic.

This morning kmail failed to start completely. Message:
The Email program encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.
The error was:
Failed to fetch the resource collection.

What I tried: akonadictl vaccum/fsck - no change
backup of ~/.local/share/akonadi and ~/.config/akonadi, changing the
DB
driver in akonadiserverrc to postgres and starting again - same issue
remains

In akonadiconsole I can see that it is re-syncing all files.
Nevertheless,
kmail fails to start.

Any idea what I could try?

Yep. Is all email IMAP? If so, stop akonadi, remove the current
~/.local/
share/akonadi and start akonadi. It should rebuild the entire database.

Thats actually what I did when saying 'backup of...'
There are some pop-accounts and local ( mbox) collections

FWIW If this was a Leap 15 specific issue, some ~20 customers should
have
called. The only one that did was reporting he was amazed about not
having any
issues. Any additional repos involved?

The usual suspects like Packman

In the beginning of a new config some load might be expected. The
database and
the search indexing has to be redone.

Sure , when everything needs to be downloaded again

Cheers
Axel