[opensuse-support] KMail fails to start on Leap 15
  • From: Axel Braun <docb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 21:45:07 +0200
Hello all,

ever since I moved one machine from Leap 42.3 to 15, I encounter issues with
high disk load and akonadi-traffic.

This morning kmail failed to start completely. Message:
The Email program encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.
The error was:
Failed to fetch the resource collection.

What I tried: akonadictl vaccum/fsck - no change
backup of ~/.local/share/akonadi and ~/.config/akonadi, changing the DB driver
in akonadiserverrc to postgres and starting again - same issue remains

In akonadiconsole I can see that it is re-syncing all files. Nevertheless,
kmail fails to start.

Any idea what I could try?

Thanks
Axel