Re: [opensuse-support] my internet connection is lost
  • From: "Knurpht@openSUSE" <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:50:51 +0200
Op donderdag 14 juni 2018 13:39:57 CEST schreef Constant Brouerius van Nidek:
On my second computer which is in use by my wife I have done a complete new
installation with a similar setup as my computer.
Everything went fine for the first day but suddenly the computer lost its
internet connection. I have used Parted Magic and found that it found and
used my internet connection so I know that the internet connection works

For something which always worked for me in the time I am using Suse
(version 6) the only thing to do was entering Yast an go to Network
settings Network is installed.

What should I do to get the network connection working?
The only difference between the two setups is that on my machine I am using
Kmail with POP 3 and my wife is using Thunderbird with Imap.

Try this:
sudo netconfig update -f

Furhermore: can you provide more info? F.e. can you ping your router? Does the
NIC get an IP address ( ip addr )?

--
Gertjan Lettink a.k.a. Knurpht
openSUSE Board Member