Re: [opensuse-support] X takes too much CPU when the screen of xfreerdp is heavily updated
  • From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 11:42:02 +0200
On lundi, 4 juin 2018 10.11:41 h CEST H Zeng wrote:
Hi there,

I used xfreerdp to connect to a Windows 7 desktop to do some work. When the
screen from that desktop has something to keep updating, such as the busily
refreshed highlighting of elements in a 3D model, the X process in my
openSUSE desktop takes full CPU time of a core.

The options I used for `xfreerdp` are like these,
```
/rfx /jpeg-quality:60 /codec-cache:rfx /audio-mode:2 -wallpaper +clipboard
+compression /size:1366x1024 /bpp:16
```

And I am using KDE on Tumbleweed and all related packages are from OSS.

Is that normal?

Cheers,
Zeng

What top is telling you, in my case pulseaudio get the load due to the
redirection.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch