Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-storage (4 mails)

< Previous Next >
[opensuse-storage] some first remarks about etherpad document

Hi,

I have some first remarks about the etherpad document:

- AFAIS CDL DASDs can have three partitions, not four. See
e.g.
http://archive.download.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.2/fr/doc/RH-DOCS/rhl-ig-s390-en-7.2/s1-s390-fdasd.html
or parted sources.

- The document misses the different DASD types and format types.

- ForLVM resizing LVs is listed as unsupported (use low-level
tools instead). Currently this is supported and I suppose one
of the most important operations for LVM after creation.

- Misc includes the item 'Use udisks for storage detection "to do
it the right way"?'. This was already mentioned on the research
mailing-list and my research showed that udisks is not up to
that at all.

https://mailman.suse.de/mlarch/SuSE/research/2015/research.2015.10/msg00033.html

So I suggest to drop that idea.

ciao