[opensuse-security] rpm database integrity
Hello,

at sans.org I read:

"The first thing to do is check the contents of /var/lib/rpm. The
databases should have a date/time stamp of when you originally installed
the system. If you see a different date, be suspect of the integrity of
the databases."

Well, on my system the time stamp of the files within /var/lib/rpm do
not carry the time stamp from original installation, the time stamp seem
to be the last time I installed some new stuff with YaST.

But, the time stamp of the directory /var/lib/rpm itself actually is the
original time from installation.

I now wonder, does sans.org tell us something not entirely correct?

When you install stuff, doesn´t the time stamps change below /var/lib/rpm ?

Thanks