Re: [opensuse-security] How capable is ClamAV?
On 2014-09-15 14:48, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-09-15 14:06, Anton Aylward wrote:

I'm curious as to what that malware might be? Was it something that
was Windows-specific or might it have some effect on Linux?

So far, Windows specific, and very little.

Just now I noticed a post sent to the Project mail list, with subject:

[opensuse-project] Important ©: We noticed unusual activity in your
PayPal account (Ref #PP-003-381-679-869)

What is different is that the attachment is an html file. I saved it to
a file to check. Clamav says "clean", but it does contain javascript
code... I'd bet a beer (about my limit on sure bets) that it is malware.

I have no idea what it does, but I'm curious. Javascript can run in
Thunderbird without asking... (although I can't find in the preferences
where to enable/disable that).

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)