[opensuse-security] Re: samba 3.2.6 No XPSP3 login any more
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:24:49 +0100 (CET)
On Feb 19, Alexis Pellicier <alexis.pellicier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
I know this update is now quite old but when I update from samba 3.2.4 to
3.2.6 none of my XP SP3 workstations could loggon properly.
It looks like it was a bug in these samba version.

Did you try to reboot those workstations?
I remember the parameter "msdfs" to have changed its default value in some version, requiring a client reboot (or resetting to the old default value). Maybe this is the reason for your problems. I don't have any problems here with XP SP3 and Samba 3.2.6 (openSUSE 11.1)

Markus