[opensuse-security] disabling javascript on acroread
  • From: Bob Vickers <bobv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:32:06 +0000 (GMT)
The latest acroread bug
http://www.adobe.com/support/security/advisories/apsa09-01.html
makes me wonder if there is a way of disabling javascript on a systemwide basis for acroread and the acroread browser plug-in.

I have done some googling and there is plenty of advice on disabling it for an individual via the GUI but I would like to do it centrally for 300 users who are not very good at reading email.

I also tried making the change for my own username and trying to see which files had changed, but lots of files changed and it wasn't clear which was relevant.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob