Re: [opensuse-security] dbus security update in the update test repo
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:29:34 +0100
Rajko M. wrote:
I added update repository and during update name resolution started to fail.
I got to hit Retry, sometimes few times in the row, to get zypper to
continue.
After reboot I was without name resolution.

That's bad :-(

What I did was long way around reinstalling almost all stuff from DVD, that
would be, probably, cured with adding 'nameserver <my_router_IP>'
to /etc/resolv.conf instantly after update, which I did this morning in order
to go online and pick regular updates, not from update-test.

A glibc update has been released releated to name resolution. That
one is already in the official repo though.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel