[opensuse-security] Re: [security-announce] SUSE Security Announcement: Linux kernel (SUSE-SA:2009:008)
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:20:12 +0100
Hi Eberhard,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:49:45AM +0100, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Marcus Meissner wrote:

SUSE Security Announcement

Package: kernel
Announcement ID: SUSE-SA:2009:008
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:00:00 +0000

I really would love it if the announcement would not appear before all
files are available.

For example, today lots of files were not available at the moment of
announcing (probably your upload had not finished - hours later it
worked).
List for SLES10-SP2-Updates (other distributions had misses too):

(the YUP run before had just started after the announcement, and finished
just before this run)

[...]
ftp5:4 00:40:56 ~ #

So it looks like even the earlier java announcement had appeared before
the files were available.

Shall I bugzilla it?

I should wait more between pressing the Release button and writing the advisory.
I am currently not checking if everything is remote (just that everything is
on the staging servers). So I will need to wait some more hours.

No need for Bugzilla, its mostly a thing I have to take care about.

ciao, Marcus