[opensuse-security] Packages from "update" (11.0) unsigned?
  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 09:58:06 +0100
Hi,

I noticed that for the last 5(?) times I got unsigned packes from the
<http://download.opensuse.org/updates/11.0> repository. As far as I
know, these are security updates - shouldn't they be signed?

I update my 11.0 boxes manually, and use apt at first hand. Apt fetches
the packages from update channel, but refuses to install them because of
the lacking signature. Manual install (rpm -Uvh ...) and installation
via zypper does not give any warning...

Is the signature-less packaging a new feature? ;-) Or are these packages
signed in a way that apt does not recognize?

Regards,
Werner