Re: [opensuse-security] problems with smbmount and OSS10.2
  • From: Lennart Börjeson <Lennart.Borjeson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:39:03 +0100
If you need to do this as a normal user you should use mount.cifs directly
instead of mount -t cifs, and do a chmod +s on mount.cifs, too, just like you
had to do on smbmount.

For further info, please read "man mount.cifs".

Now, why the removal of smbfs isn't mentioned in the relase notes is a
mystery. I finally found a comment in the kernel changelog:

* ons 30 aug 2006 - gregkh@xxxxxxx
- Disable CONFIG_SMB_FS CIFS is now the way to go. The samba team is working
on the migration tools for the upgrade issues.

...but where the "migration tools" can be found is still a mystery to me.

/Lennart

onsdag 27 december 2006 20:00 skrev Remington Router:
> You might try the same thing with CIFS:
>
> mount -t cifs -o ip=192.168.33.35,username=franky //franky/share /mnt
>
> On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:01:41 +0100, Tolmino <gratis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi, after oss10.2 installation i have tried to mount a smb filesystem:
> >
> > mount -t smbfs -o ip=192.168.33.35,username=franky //franky/share /mnt
> >
> > but i have received this message after i have inserted password
> >
> > Suse Kernel don't support smb filesystem!!!
> >
> > Do i must recompile?
> > thanks

!++
! Lennart Börjeson