[opensuse-security] Conecting from Linux to MS VPN server
  • From: Branislav Klocok <branislav.klocok@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 22:10:39 +0100
Hi all,

I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask, but lets try....
In my previous job we use to have a suse linux as default desktop on our
machines. Few months ago I have changed my job and I would like to use
Linux on my notebook. Unfortunately I can not expect any help from our
IT department....
So I have received a working windows xp notebook with preinstalled
software on it (including windows vpn client L2TP).
I have installed on one part of the hard disk SUSE 10.1 and made a basic
setup. In the office all works fine, but since travel a lot a need to
access the network via VPN in order to download my emails.
Can somebody give me a hint how to proceed?
I have installed openVPN openSWAN, vpnc, kvpnc and vpn stuff for
networkmanager and I can use only the
information I can find on my windows installation (server, username, passwd)

Thanks for help

Branislav