Re: [suse-security] PGP key implementation question
  • From: Sebastian Krahmer <krahmer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:42:08 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, HG wrote:

Hi,

The PKI issues are probably too complex (at least to me :) than it can be
handled
in some mails. There are whole books covering this issue.
There should be some FAQs in the web regarding this. Most companies
use the pks public key server. As far as I see you are
mainly concerned about a root of trust and revocation lists.
I do not know yet how to handle this correctly with pgp keys since
the pgp system is rather based on a web of trust than a single instance.
Master-keys should probably be distributed "on disk", maybe created
in the users homedir when the user is created. revocation-list services
can always be DoSed.

Sebastian

--
~