Re: [suse-security] Open port in SuSEfirewall2
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 07:29:37 +0800
Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Sunday 2006-10-15 at 22:00 +0200, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:
>

> > Do the "microsoft" and "netbios" entries possibly come from the
> > istallation of Samba, although I haven't configured Samba yet?
>
> Perhaps. I would remove them.
He may need them for the smb client to work. Since he seems to have a
workstation in a network mixed with Windows boxes, if any printers or
directories were shared from Windows, he would need those opened. If he
knows they are not needed, then remove them, as they certainly are not
needed for ssh access. For the OP, the config file in
/etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 is heavily commented, and IMHO is the best
documentation for the firewall available. Try looking through this file
for reference.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871