Re: [suse-security] Detecting Brute-Force and Dictionary attacks
  • From: Phil Driscoll <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:04:02 +0100
On Wednesday 18 October 2006 10:49, Shashi Kanth Boddula wrote:
> Please , anyone knows any third party security tool or any opensource
> security tool which solves my problem ?
I use denyhosts for this:
http://denyhosts.sourceforge.net/

It watches the logfiles for failed remote login attempts and after a
configurable number of failures (different for root, other accounts and
non-existent accounts) it adds the attacking ip address to hosts.deny, and
sends you and email telling you what it's done.
--
Phil Driscoll

< Previous Next >