Re: [suse-security] Boot password
  • From: Wolfgang Leithner <wolfgang.leithner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:41:27 +0100
Hi!

Am Monday 30 October 2006 12:34 schrieb Jithendra:
> Hi ,
> What I'm looking for is not the root password (not looking for single user
> mode options). I want to chage the BIOS settings. I suppose I can make a
> rescue boot floppy/disk and boot through it by changing the priority in the
> boot loader.
>
> I am looking for an easier way to do this !

To change BIOS settings you have to access the BIOS obviously.

So if you forgot your BIOS pwd there's only one way to get around it:
open the PC and use the hardwired reset option of your motherboard (usualy
this is some jumper with which to reset the BIOS or make it ignore its
settings). Best way is to consult the manual for the hardware.

If there's an easier way, please let me know.

Greetings
Wolfgang
< Previous Next >
List Navigation