Re: [suse-security] fou4s for 10.1?
  • From: suse@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:04:24 -0400
Ingvar Berg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From my crontab:
> 23 4 * * * /usr/bin/smart upgrade -y --update

Isn't that rather dangerous? I mean, that updates immediately in the
middle of the night. If there's some incompatibility in th update, your
server will be offline...

In a production environment, I much prefer the "Check and download" at
night, then I review and install as needed in the morning for trivial
things, during off hours for more critical items.

smart and yum don't seem to have that functionality, though fou4s and
apt-get do.

< Previous Next >