Re: [suse-security] ezmlm warning
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 15:55:48 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2006-04-03 at 15:38 +0200, Arjen de Korte wrote:

> > Well, the only way to reject an email because it is considered spam is
> > after complete reception; the scanning is surely done later. It is simply
> > a «bad thing» to bounce back spam.
>
> Just like you can reject on 'invalid user' or a RBL/RHSBL, you can reject
> on the content of a message. Point is, you have to do it before you have
> accepted the message for delivery. This has been possible with Sendmail
> for quite a while (via the Milter interface) and Postfix now also allows
> you to do this with the before-queue content filtering since version 2.1
> (see smtpd_proxy_filter).

I know it can be done. But spam checking is slow, even half a minute if
you have to wait to get answers from network tests. SpamAssassin does
it that way, and amavis, bouncing mail later (not rejecting during the
transfer).

I don't agree with them, I only say that I see why they do it.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson
< Previous Next >