Re: [suse-security] sendmail update for suse 9.0 ?
  • From: Crispin Cowan <crispin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 00:58:23 -0700
miguel gmail wrote:
>> Therefore it is basically not possible for SUSE to distribute Qmail. At
>> most we could bundle the source code and give you instructions on how to
>> compile it.
>>
> Oh! That would be more than wellcome for newcommers to mail servers
> administrators... :-)

IMHO, newcommers to mail server administration should not be messing
with compiling the mail server, they have enough variables to worry
about :) So these newcomers should just use Postfix.

Advanced mail server administrators, on the other hand, are free to go
download the source for Qmail and deploy it themselves. The Qmail
license effectively prevents SUSE from adding significant value, so
there is no point in bundling it.

Crispin
--
Crispin Cowan, Ph.D. http://crispincowan.com/~crispin/