Re: Openssh + security
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:27:44 +0100 (CET)
On Dec 14, Bruno Cochofel <bruno.cochofel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well I have a problem...
After reconfigured my ssh server based on all your suggestions I've opened
my firewall port so I can connect from anywhere in the Internet (this was
last night).

Today my CPU was around 90% and above and the program that's consuming that
it's X owned by root!!!

Please check if you are running X windows and if there is a screensaver active! Don't run X on servers!!

Markus

--
Markus Gaugusch \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign

< Previous Next >