Re: portmap only for local interfaces
  • From: Henning Hucke <h_hucke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 17:20:47 +0200 (CEST)
On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Bruno Cochofel wrote:

> When I do a netstat -tlnp I find that portmap LISTEN on port 111 to all
> interfaces. Hist this safe? Can I change the conf so that only
> localhosts can connect?

This portmapper is tcpwrapper enabled. So please read "man 5 \
hosts_access".

Since the tcpwrapper is quite simple it is a suitable tool. Nonetheless
it would never be a replacement for a propper firewall rule set.

Best regards
Henning Hucke
--
"Yow! Did something bad happen or am I in a drive-in movie?"
-- Zippy the Pinhead