Re: [suse-security] Re: Advertising in suse-security?
  • From: Christian Boltz <suse-security@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 22:31:19 +0200
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2005 15:26 schrieb Henning Hucke:
> On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Markus Gaugusch wrote:
> > [...]
> > And detailed documentation about creating patch (delta) rpms is
> > available at /usr/share/doc/packages/deltarpm/README.
>
> You call a 5k README "detailed documentation"!?
>
> Oviously we have a quite different understanding of "detailed
> documentation".

Yes. A 5k document is something I would name a "quick start guide", but
not "detailed documentation". (At least the file format is described ;-)
(And, BTW, README contains wrong command names in 9.3. It's
"makedeltarpm", not "prepdeltarpm". Fixed in 10.0.)

One of the last german "Linux Magazin" had a good article about delta
RPM. (I don't know if it's available online yet.)

> Anyway: So tell we what the difference of a "normal" and a "patch
> rpm" is and state the source in this REAME for every part of your
> description.

BTW: patch rpm != delta rpm

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
"Golden rule of Sourcecode: 50% are comments, and the other 50% bugs!"