Re: [suse-security] New SSH vulnerability or what? Users acted as root...
  • From: Jure Koren <jure@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 15:17:29 +0200
On Monday 03 October 2005 13:35, HG wrote:
> But then somewhat after that (half an hour) our /var was suddenly
> turned to read-only. So the logs had a gap for about an hour:

This tends to happen after a filesystem corruption is detected or a failure to
perform a disk read or write. Have you checked kernel messages with dmesg?
Checked the drive /var is on with smartctl -a? I have never heard of a
partition going read-only out of the blue, but have seen this happen numerous
times when the disk was giving read and/or write errors, or a shared-storage
cluster mounting the same physical disk from separate nodes...

--
Jure Koren, n.i.