SuSEFirewall2 weblogger
  • From: Bruno Cochofel <bruno.cochofel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 11:33:44 +0100

>Must have to do with the conversion function for month short names from
>locale at the beginning of the script

I managed to find that SuSEFirewall2 doesn't respect the locale
definitions of the system, so the function for retrieving abbreviated
month names from Portuguese (I'm from Portugal) to numbers didn't work.
In /var/log/firewall month names come in English. So I did the following:

# get the short name of months according to the locale
# thanks to Bill Garrett <memesis at users.sourceforge.net>
#my(%m);
#my($month_nb);
#for $month_nb (0..11) {
# $m{strftime("%b", 0, 0, 0, 1, $month_nb,
96)}=sprintf("%02d",$month_nb+1);
#}
#my($key);
#foreach $key (keys %m) {
# print $key,"-",$m{$key},"\n";
#}

# hash para os meses do ano
my(%m);
%m = ('Jan' => 1,
'Feb' => 2,
'Mar' => 3,
'Abr' => 4,
'May' => 5,
'Jun' => 6,
'Jul' => 7,
'Aug' => 8,
'Set' => 9,
'Oct' => 10,
'Nov' => 11,
'Dez' => 12);

Please correct me for the abbrev. names.

Bruno