account lockout after x incorrect attempts???
  • From: Baenen Eric P Contr AFRL/HEC <Eric.Baenen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:34:06 -0400
Hello,

We have a number of SUSE 9.x workstations - and recently we've been mandated
to have them adhere to a corporate IT security policy that requires account
lockout after a certain number of incorrect login attempts.

Has anyone ever worked with a solution for this for SUSE 9.x? a pam module
perhaps? an LDAP based solution? At this point we're looking for any
solution - commercial or open source.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Baenen
Project Manager - Scientific Network Environments
General Dynamics - Advanced Information Systems

Phone: 937-255-8180
FAX: 937-255-8845
2255 H Street (AFRL/HEC)
Area B Bldg 248 Rm 108