Re: [suse-security] Susefirewall2 rdp access nightmare
  • From: engelbert.gruber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 09:46:47 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Chadley Wilson wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 October 2005 11:47, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > could some one please assist me here, I need to open a port on our firewall
> > for rdp port 3389
> > I have added the port number to allowed service on the external zone under
> > advanced.
> >
> > We still can't rdp remote machines on the internet.
> >
> > We also have a machine internally which must be accessable from internet.
> >
> > How can I do this on Susefirewall2,
> >
> > I canpost you my iptables-save if you need it!
>

> Guys, I still can't get it to work,
> Maybe I should put the the PC on the internal interface into a DMZ zone, could
> anyone here help me with that ,if it is a good idea?

how is you rnetwork layout ?

internet --- fw --- internal

where are the rdp servers (from above it sounds like one is internal and
some are external).

do you have NAT active ? if so you need something to forward connections
to the inside server.

try from internal first :

* is protect from internal active ?
* is routing active ?