RE: [suse-security] Strange server crash
  • From: "Wilde, Martin" <martin.wilde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:28:53 +0200
Hi Andy,

I am not sure, if I can help you - but I will though give you a hint.

In former times (SuSE 8.x) we had a similar problem with one of our servers.
The problem we had at this time was a (lets say hidden) error on the
reiserfs. reiserfsck that was started on bootup did not detect this error -
so we were to do the fsck manually (see reiserfsck(8)). As mentioned this
especial error we had was with a very old version of SuSE and I would assume
that this fsck behaviour is corrected in your version - but who knows :-)

Martin

< Previous Next >