Re: [suse-security] Apache2 update
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:04:39 +0200
On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 09:38:15AM +0900, James H Tsuruta wrote:
> The same thing happened to me on a system running SuSE 9.0. My
> APACHE_MODULES reverted to a default (I think) after a YOU... Restarted
> apache2 somewhere down the line, and voila, no more php! I didn't really

What do you mean by "I think"? Do you know or not? :-)

A change to APACHE_MODULES should not happen, I have never seen one to
occur in literally thousands of updates and I would have no explanation
why one _should_ occur. It would be a serious bug indeed.

> know what I was doing, so I had dismissed it as user error, but it would
> make me feel less dumb if I could blame it on the YOUpdate.

... I'm sorry. :-)

> The PHP installation I am using is self-compiled, not a SuSE package. Could
> that be a contributing factor?

No, there should not be any interrelation.

> James

Regards,
Peter

--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH Thought is limitation.
Research & Development Free your mind.