volume flatrate supervision with SuSE-Firewall2
  • From: Thomas Pförtner <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 13:21:42 +0200
Hi there,

I am using SuSE 9.1 with the 'standard' Suse Firewall on home server
acting as a internet router among other things..
I recently subscribed to dsl using a volume flatrate, which I would like
to track since operator info is too much delayed.

I have read a lot and found scripts doing these things with the
netfilter/iptables firewall.

However I am not a firewall expert and do not like to combine any script
with the SuSEfirewall2 that is not designed for that.

Did anybody do such volume control on top of the SuSEfirewall?
Does anybody have some hints what to take care of?

Thanks in adance

Thomas