Re: [suse-security] Linux and forkbomb - with link
  • From: "Bernhard Held" <bheld@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:40:04 +0100
> Because we have unlimited ulimits by default.
>
> To fix that:
> Install the "ulimit" package.
> Adapt /etc/sysconfig/ulimit to your needs.
Installing ulimit.rpm broke capi4hylafax, which appends the line

fr:35:respawn:/usr/bin/c2faxrecv -q "/var/spool/fax"

in /etc/inittab. This runs fine without ulimit.rpm, but together with
initscript c2faxrecv chokes on the double quotes. I couldn't find out who's
responsible for removing the quotes, therefore I simply removed them in
inittab.

It seems to be a long standing bug, maybe someone at suse could have a look.

Bernhard