RE: [suse-security] vsftpd and "426 Failure writing network strea m"
Well I did some googling and found this, haven't tried it yet as I'm still
busy offsite, but hopefully this will solve it, either way i'll let ya know.

From: http://ftp.isu.edu.tw/pub/Unix/FTP/vsftpd/untar/vsftpd-1.2.2/FAQ

Q) Help! I'm getting the error "426 Failure writing network stream." on
downloads.
A) You shouldn't see this with v1.2.1 or newer versions of vsftpd. Older
versions of vsftpd can give this error if the user tries to download
something from an unusual filesystem (e.g. FAT), which don't support
performance features used by vsftpd. With vsftpd-1.1.3 and newer there is a
confif workaround, use_sendfile=NO.

Matt