Detection of DoS Attacks on Webserver
Markus

You could try posting your request to the Log Analysis mailing list

If they cant help directly, your work would be of interest to them.
The companion loganalysis.org web site is also worth a look
http://www.loganalysis.org/

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:49:51 +0100, Markus Roth <mroth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm currently doing my diploma work. its about detecting HTTP-DoS
> Attacks on web servers.
...SNIP...
> some companies in switzerland sponsored their logfiles to develop the
> system. the bad thing, non of this logfiles contains the time to handle
> the requests! now my question, is somebody willing to give me some log
> data in combined format but with the time to handle a request. apache2
> would log this with the "%D" parameter in microseconds. logfiles with
> about 100'000 - x'000'000 requests would be optimal.

All the best

Richard Westlake

School of Crystallography, Birkbeck College, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX
Tel: 020-7631-6859
Truth endures but spelling changes -- Anon.