Re: [Re: [suse-security] Using 9.1 RPMs on 9.2]
  • From: Geoffrey <esoteric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:08:00 -0500
Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
* Philippe Vogel; <filiaap@xxxxxxxxxx> on 19 Nov, 2004 wrote:

Lucky Leavell schrieb:

I notice that many packages which were available on 9.1 are no
longer available from SuSE on 9.2, e.g., snort and nessus. Would
it be safe to download the 9.1 packages (snort.rpm and
nessus-core.rpm)? Are there any plans to increase the number of
9.2 packages available?

Thank you, Lucky Leavell

So why there are differences between CD and DVD anyway?

5CD's = 3.5 GB/DVD = 4.7 GB O.K., but why are there any packages
missing? Before there were 7 CD's. Imo there should not be any
differences on both media depending on if you have a dvd or cd
drive.

The space needed for the software grows and it is not feasible to add
more CD's into the package. Befeore thre were 7 CDs however DVDs
were not common at them time. Time flies away better catch it :-)

This doesn't make a lot of sense. I just received my SuSE 9.2 and they come in a plastic case that could easily hold twice as many disks as the 7 that are actually in there. I to think there should be some consistency between the software on the dvds and the cds.

--
Until later, Geoffrey