Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 blocks SMB traffic
  • From: tmp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:14:28 +0100
On Sunday 28 November 2004 18:52, you wrote:
> sure you dont, its called nmblookup :-) my fault
> so try nmblookup -A -<ip> and nmblookup <nbname>

-A works fine, nbname works only for the linux box, not for the Windows
machine:

# nmblookup -A 192.168.0.2
Looking up status of 192.168.0.2
TCN <00> - B <ACTIVE>
TCN <03> - B <ACTIVE>
TCN <20> - B <ACTIVE>
HOME <00> - <GROUP> B <ACTIVE>
HOME <1e> - <GROUP> B <ACTIVE>

MAC Address = 00-00-00-00-00-00

# nmblookup -A 192.168.0.3
Looking up status of 192.168.0.3
AUDIOWERK <00> - M <ACTIVE>
AUDIOWERK <20> - M <ACTIVE>
HOME <00> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>
HOME <1e> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>
HOME <1d> - M <ACTIVE>
..__MSBROWSE__. <01> - <GROUP> M <ACTIVE>

MAC Address = 00-0E-35-11-C0-B0

# nmblookup tcn
querying tcn on 192.168.0.255
192.168.0.2 tcn<00>

# nmblookup audiowerk
querying audiowerk on 192.168.0.255
name_query failed to find name audiowerk

> so the ports are reachable with running firewall but you only reach the
> windowsshares without firewall on linux but windows can connetct to
> sambashares anyhow?

No I cannot access my linux shares from the Windows machine either...