Re: [suse-security] strange ssh behaviour with "PermitRootLogin yes"
  • From: Cristian Veronesi <c.veronesi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:31:25 +0100
Richard Ems wrote:

Yes this behavior is normal!

If you set "PermitRootLogin no" then root logins are NOT permitted! (you wrote: "Both of them have "PermitRootLogin no" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config")

Or did I miss something?

Sorry, it seems I didn't explained me too well, so I'm replying to the list.

In the 3.4p1-215 box if I enter the right root password I keep getting the "Permission denied, please try again." message. This, for me, is normal behaviour.

In the openssh-3.4p1-263 box, it I enter the right root password the remote host immediatly truncates the SSH connection. This, for me, is a strange behaviour, so I was asking the list about that.

Thank you. Kind regards,

--
Cristian Veronesi - C.R.P.A. S.p.A. - Reggio Emilia, Italy

The only truly safe way to avoid Outlook problems
is to avoid using Outlook.