Re: [suse-security] E-mail account disabling warning.
  • From: "Philippe Vogel" <filiaap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:58:06 +0100
> Maybe the suse staff should protect their mailing list from foolish
> windows using subscribers and deny their servers to forward mail to the
> mailinglist server with suse.com or .de sender, that does not come from
> their internal mail servers. Or using TLS and from servers with the
> proper cert.

There is a basic protection only letting through suscribed senders, but this
didn't work, because there is no fdqn-check implemented in the
mailing-system.

A fdqn-check would help killing those not coming from the correct address.
Even had fun with W32/Netsky.C@mm and other W32 Viruses from faked addresses
on our networks with round about 5000 mails the last months.

Philippe