Re: [suse-security] "more secure" suse kernels ? (grsecurity)
  • From: Joel Luth <joel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 12:30:25 -0600
I am setting up a suse 8.2 box with a grsec patched kernel (2.4.25). I'm not real familiar with a lot of the concepts it addresses so it's had a learning curve for me, but it is running :) It's not a hosting or even multiuser server, I just wanted something to add another layer of security (like the ACLs).

Joel

Olivier Mueller wrote:

Hi,

Are there people around using suse systems with a grsec-
patched kernel? ( http://www.grsecurity.net ).
Maybe even suse workers doing that inofficially? :)
Would be quite interesting for multiusers hosting servers.

regards,
Olivier