Re: [suse-security] shell commad during boot
  • From: user86 <user86@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:03:45 -0500
On Tuesday 09 March 2004 19:10, Scott Wrobel wrote:
> I want my computer to run a spacific command (like on you would type into
> the console) while it is booting befor logon, is this possable and if so
> what file do i have to edit to acive the end result.

/etc/init.d/skeleton is a skeleton of an init script that should have enough
examples and info in it for you to create your own script. So make a copy of
it then customize that copy you made. To make your script executable, you
have to chmod u+x thescript

Once you have created your own script and tested it to be sure it works as
intended when passed the "start" and "stop" and other arguments, if needed,
and you want it enabled, type:
insserv /etc/init.d/thescript
where "thescript" is your script's name.

The man page: man init.d
has information on how the boot scripts work.