RE: [suse-security] Sendmail on 9.0
  • From: "edwin" <edwin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:59:15 +0700
Hmm...

Let me give the ilustration

Internet
| mail server
| |
|-----------------

SuSE-Firewall

|--

Internal LAN

The SuSEFirewall machine have two ethernet primarily use for Firewall and
proxy using 7.3. One ethernet card have the same subnet with mail server,
and the other have internal address. The mail server I just upgrade it using
9.0 sendmail 8.12.10 it also running SuSEfirewall2.

When I send an email from internal LAN (using kmail, outlook express or
whatever)using smtp at mail server it shows the message that the address I
send to was Reject because Relaying Deny for the to address ( 550 5.7.1
<user@xxxxx>... Relaying denied).

I put the name of our domain in /etc/mail/relay-domains already, also
I put the IP and name of domain /etc/mail/access already,
Sendmail.cf setup also very basic build by SuSEconfig,with Cw and DM set to
my domain.
It used to work when I used 7.3
However I can receive all the email from the outside, it looks like the smtp
only receive the email to our address, but not to send it to the internet.

Any idea?

M. Edwin