Re: [suse-security] SSH Users
  • From: Sascha Andres <sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:20:30 +0100
Hi,
* Am 01.12.2003 (10:27) schrieb Barry Gill:
> How do I prevent the remaining users from being able to ssh onto this box?
> (users continue to argue about password complexity and the like so access to any external service is now nbeing removed forcibly.)

Usually I solve this problem by creating a group ssh-users
and adding all users that will be allowed to login via ssh
to this group. This concepts minimzes my work in changing
the sshd_config everytime a new user should have access.

Then I set the AllowGroups option in sshd_config to
ssh-users.

HTH,
-sa

--
sa at programmers-world dot com
http://www.livingit.de

Mail geschrieben: Montag, den 01. Dezember 2003 um 11:17