Re: [suse-security] System crashed after kernel update
  • From: "Philippe Vogel" <filiaap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 15:58:54 +0100
Hi!

> Is anybody experiencing the same? Is there a problem with the
> SMP version of the new kernel?

I didn't get any problems on 8.2/8.1 with following productivity-systems
(all services were up after a clean reboot):

k_smp: P4-2.6/HT/IDE, Dual P2-350/SCSI & IDE-Raid, Dual P2-500/SCSI &
IDE-Raid
kde_flt: P3-400/IDE, P4-1.7/wo. HT/SCSI
athlon: not tested, system used for other purpose

On the systems I use lilo a /sbin/lilo was needed after update, which YOU
said about two times for each system and which I did. On boxes running grub
nothing had to be done. The only mistake was I forgot to remove
writeprotection while updating files in /boot - I fixed that.

On most boxes I got chrooted environments and that didn't make any problems
after this update even the different hardware didn't make problems.

Philippe

  • No further messages